Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cactus Salad ♥ Healthy Food


Ensalada de Nopalitos Recipe. Nopales are so important for our mexican culture that you can actually see a Nopal in our national flag! They grow every where and are a great source of vitamins and fiber. The best part is that they only have 15 calories per cup of cooked nopales! what make the great for diets. It is known that they are also very beneficial for diabetics Type 2 as it can help them to have lower sugar levels. I personally love nopales and want to share you one of my favorites recipes.

Ingredientes:

1 teaspoon of oregano
3 spoons of onion

1 lb or 400gr nopal cactus
2 tomatoes
1 jalapeño or serrano
1/2 onion
¼ cup white or Apple vinegar
3 Fresh Cilantro Spoons


1 comment:

  1. I am currently harvesting nopales as I remove some cactus from our rural property. It is my birthday soon and I want NOPALES!

    ReplyDelete