Tuesday, February 18, 2014

How to Make Chili Guajillo Sauce/How to make Chile Colorado

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! http://tinyurl.com/orye7t6

Well... I am really excited about this new project with our healthy recipes now in english. We have had our Youtube Channel in spanish for about two years and a half and we felt like we need to take another step forward. We had comments in our videos from people that had no idea of what I was saying in spanish but they still loved the recipes. I hope that my northern-mexican accent can be understand and I know I am going to get better with time, it was the same with the recipes in spanish and that is my language!
I hope you enjoy this adventure as much as we do. Here is the first recipe!


The Chili Guajillo Sauce as well know as Chile Colorado is used for many recipes around Mexico. It will be the base for many of my recipes so it was important to me to teach you how to make it. The chili Guajillo is full of vitamin C so it is great to prevent  flue and colds. Some times it can be hot, some time it won't so before you cook with it, taste it and add two cooked tomatoes when you blend it. That will help you if it is to spicy.

For this recipe you will need:

2 Garlic Cloves
3 1/2 cups of water
1/2 tsp of Cumin
1/2 tsp of Oregano
4 oz of Chili Guajillo
Salt

Fill a pot with water and put it to boil, when the water is boiling turn of the fire and put the Chili Guajillo in the water, let it soak for about five minutes. In a blender add two garlic cloves, the cumin and salt and the chilis, add about half of a cup of water, if you feel like your blender need more water add it. Blend well and after that strain the pulp. Once you only have the skin and the seeds put that again in the blender and add a cup of water, blend again and strain.
Once you have the pulp add two cups of water, add the oregano, mix all and let it boil.

This sauce is great for Chilaquiles, Chicken, Beef Steaw, Soups, Tamales Beef Fill etc.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. Is it 1/2 tsp of dried oregano or ground oregano ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind, I see from the video you use ground cumin and dried oregano.

      Delete